Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Embassy day

Yesterday we were on 3 different platforms to find our train and we finally did. Train ride wasn't bad - the kids watched two movies on the laptop and I read and then played Phase 10. :)

We got in at 6:45am, ate and dropped our things at the apartment and rushed over to the Embassy! (It gets good here.) We go in & I have tons of papers and I hand them in.  The lady at the counter tells me I need the original Birth Certificates, which I thought I had but I just had copies.  Then she tells me I need the original of a paper we handed in the day before in the town that is now 14 hours (a very long train ride!) away!!!! What do I do?!! I start to cry!!!

While I am crying I am filling out a form that Keith signed in the states and got notarized and I filled it out wrong because I am so upset.  I am SO thankful that Keith and I did two of those papers, so I just turned in the other one!! So the lady says have the kids stay in the Embassy and go talk to whoever is helping us.  The place that the original paper is at is only open on Tuesdays!!! I am thinking I am NEVER going to get out of this country.

So, I go out still not looking too good to my failitator and she finds the birth certificates in her stuff. We make some calls and I am supposed to tell them that a copy is all that we can produce.  I go back in and give her the Birth Certificates and she is very happy!!  I tell her the deal and she says that she talked to someone and they said we don't need that original.  I am beyond happy at this moment.  She tells me I am her best customer because I didn't yell at her! Kind of funny.

She tells me to go home and relax. *whew* We leave there and spend 4 hours getting the kids physicals and more paperwork. Next we went to the bank for the second time today.  Next haircuts!!  They are now set. So we are back at the apartment and are so thankful. Thank you for all of the prayers!! God answered them!  Heading back to the Embassy tomorrow for visas. Flying home Friday if all goes well. Please continue to pray, it would seem that I REALLY still need it!

Thank you!!

Psalm 72:12-14 For He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in His sight.

Praying for an uneventful day with the visas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment